POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ze moon : Re: ze moon Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:17:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ze moon
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 28 Aug 2007 10:14:26
Message: <46d42dc2$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> On my camera (Canon 300D) the remote shutter release is just a stereo
> 2.5mm jack, easy to pick up from electronics stores and wire up 2 simple
> switches if you can solder.

Simple way of getting around spending what they want for a remote. Might
want to look for a switch that closes one contact on a half press, and
another on full press to emulate the way the shutter button works. I
don't know how easy or difficult it would be to find a SPDT pushbutton
switch, though.

(Searching...Aha, found one!)

http://tinyurl.com/323qqz