POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ze moon : Re: ze moon Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:14:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ze moon
From: Brian Elliott
Date: 28 Aug 2007 09:27:21
Message: <46d422b9@news.povray.org>
"scott" <sco### [at] laptopcom> wrote in message
>> I can't get a stable-enough image.  I have a tripod, but it is set on
>> grass
>> and with no lead for bulb exposure, I still must touch the camera for
>> time-lapse photography - and it moves, however careful I am.
>
> Hold a black card infront of the lens (but not touching) as you press the
> shutter, then move the card away a split second after you release the
> shutter.  That might help.

On camera bulb setting, it holds its shutter open as long as the
shutter-release button is held pressed, irrespective of any light hitting
the meters.  Which means unfortunately, I have to keep a finger pressed on
it for the entire length time I want the exposure.  Or get a proper bulb
cord.  Actually I do have one with another old Pentax SLR that I have had
for many years, but its screw thread doesn't fit into THIS modern camera.
Dammit.