POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ze moon : Re: ze moon Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:14:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ze moon
From: Brian Elliott
Date: 28 Aug 2007 07:40:47
Message: <46d409bf$1@news.povray.org>
"Brian Elliott" <NotForSpam@AskIfUWant> wrote in message
news:46d40701@news.povray.org...
> "Tim Cook" <z99### [at] bellsouthnet> wrote in message
>> Tried taking a pic when it was fully in shadow but was too dark to find
>> thru camera.  :(
>>
>> --
>> Tim Cook
>
> I can't get a stable-enough image.  I have a tripod, but it is set on
> grass
> and with no lead for bulb exposure, I still must touch the camera for
> time-lapse photography - and it moves, however careful I am.  My lens only
> extends to 125 mm so I can't zoom very close -- not that a 400 mm would be
> any  good anyway with the mechanical instability I have to deal with.
>
> And for any exposure longer than a few seconds, I'd need a tracking mount.
> 1 degree Earth rotation per every four minutes -- bah.

BTW, I notice that your image is upside-down compared to mine (fuzzy, but
can still tell).  Shows that you're in the Northern hemisphere and I'm in
the Southern.  Here (Brisbane, Australia) the shadow grew from the
bottom-left corner until the last fingernail vanished top-right.  My pics
here were taken after peak coverage but before direct light has struck the
Moon yet.

Anyway, still disappointed I haven't succeeded in getting a good image.