POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ze moon : Re: ze moon Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:17:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ze moon
From: Brian Elliott
Date: 28 Aug 2007 07:29:05
Message: <46d40701@news.povray.org>
"Tim Cook" <z99### [at] bellsouthnet> wrote in message
> Tried taking a pic when it was fully in shadow but was too dark to find
> thru camera.  :(
>
> --
> Tim Cook

I can't get a stable-enough image.  I have a tripod, but it is set on grass
and with no lead for bulb exposure, I still must touch the camera for
time-lapse photography - and it moves, however careful I am.  My lens only
extends to 125 mm so I can't zoom very close -- not that a 400 mm would be
any  good anyway with the mechanical instability I have to deal with.

And for any exposure longer than a few seconds, I'd need a tracking mount.
1 degree Earth rotation per every four minutes -- bah.

--
Brian

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'mooneclipse1.jpg' (40 KB) Download 'mooneclipse2.jpg' (30 KB)

Preview of image 'mooneclipse1.jpg'
mooneclipse1.jpg

Preview of image 'mooneclipse2.jpg'
mooneclipse2.jpg