POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Conversion : Re: Conversion Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:24:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Conversion
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 25 Aug 2007 09:07:59
Message: <46d029af$1@news.povray.org>
"sully323" <lws### [at] netwaycom> schreef in bericht
> Interesting thread.....  I too, however, wish that I could take some of
> the
> "things"  I have created in P.O.V. and place them into Bryce, or Poser,
> etc....
>
> I am no programmer, and have very limited math skills...most my modles are
> started in sPatch.   (I know I could start there to export for these other
> programs, but sPatch is so limited..it dosn't even export textures!)
>

> I spend way too much time converting from sPatch to POV to DXF to *.obj
> files to poser files to Bryce files, etc,etc,etc... then actually creating
> "art"....
>
> Any thoughts?

Seriously, I would advice to switch from sPatch to Wings3D at
http://www.wings3d.com/. You will have much more possibilities than in
sPatch (or Hamapatch, for that matter), and you will have uv mapping too.
sPatch is totally archaic now, although it is possible to make very nice
things with it.

Thomas