POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to create scene component library? : Re: How to create scene component library? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:22:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to create scene component library?
From: Marty Schrader
Date: 21 Aug 2007 13:56:50
Message: <46cb2762$1@news.povray.org>
Good ideas. I'm already beginning work along these lines. Certain considerations
can be tossed aside, such as rendering more than one rocket per scene. This
whole project is meant to be used as a supplement to something like Rocksim or
SpaceCAD, where the user can try out various lengths of airframe, transitions,
nose cones, fin configurations, colors, stripes, etc. My plan was to make a
design tool that simply creates a 3D rendering for appearance and sanity check's
sake, not one that actually does any of the engineering calculations.

Of course I have to work out the baseline parameters that all rocket designs
will share, but the trick will be creating a scheme for easily specifying how
paint is applied, how custom fins are shaped, how external details are added,
and so on. I don't expect to get this going overnight.