POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : aa: am2 : Re: aa: am2 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: aa: am2
From: St
Date: 18 Aug 2007 16:23:09
Message: <46c7552d@news.povray.org>
news:46c7416d@news.povray.org...
> St. <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>>     Now to the point. ;) I did a few experiments* where I used +a0.0 +am1
>> and the same but with +am3, and there was a significant difference in
>> speed:
>
>  There's no method 3. I guess povray is reverting to method 1.

      So, method 1 is recognised by PoV-Ray but not method 3. It still
leaves the question of what method 1 is good for compared to +a0.0?

>>     Second from last question, (silly question too): what does the 'am'
>> stand for?
>
>  Antialiasing method.

     Dang...   :o/

>>     Lastly, how can I improve these jaggies?
>
>  If rendering time is not an issue, you can increase the number of
> samples using the +r option. The default is +r3 (which means 3x3 rays).
> Try with +r4 or +r5 (and expect heavy slowdown of the rendering).

      Phew! Well, this is an image that I have to go through with. But,
you've taught me something new there Warp. Thanks.

        I'll give that a try and hope it comes good.  ;)

             ~Steve~