POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Need help with POV-Ray !! : Re: Need help with POV-Ray !! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need help with POV-Ray !!
From: M a r c
Date: 17 Aug 2007 04:32:44
Message: <46c55d2c@news.povray.org>

46c4f5c4$1@news.povray.org...
> You can use a very large, possibly flatened sphere. This will make it
> gently curve down from the center.
> For example:
> sphere{0, 10000 scale<5,0.01,5> translate -100*y}
>
> It's possible to use an isosurface to do the same, with the benefit that
> you can alter the actual shape, but with a slower rendering speed.

An other easy alternative, now that k1s3k1 has understood height_fields is
to use a 2nd one made from a image created by POVRay.
It is sometimes easy to use the procedural textures to create images for
height_fields.
I post 2 small example files in povray.binaries.scene-files (see topic
"Rocky ground")

Marc