POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Need help with POV-Ray !! : Re: Need help with POV-Ray !! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:26:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need help with POV-Ray !!
From: Alain
Date: 16 Aug 2007 21:11:32
Message: <46c4f5c4$1@news.povray.org>
k1s3k1 nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/08/16 20:53:
> thanks Marc  you helped me so much! i quite understand it now.. :)
>
> By the way, is it possible to make the ground a big curvy, not flat? Because
> of rocks etc.. And how do i add shrubs ?

You can use a very large, possibly flatened sphere. This will make it gently
curve down from the center.
For example:
sphere{0, 10000 scale<5,0.01,5> translate -100*y}

It's possible to use an isosurface to do the same, with the benefit that you can
alter the actual shape, but with a slower rendering speed.

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when you have ever brought your