POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Need help with POV-Ray !! : Re: Need help with POV-Ray !! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need help with POV-Ray !!
From: M a r c
Date: 15 Aug 2007 12:23:20
Message: <46c32878@news.povray.org>

web.46c3175d4683e64799fead9e0@news.povray.org...

> Thanks for helping me, but I dont understand a few stuff :(
Don't worry, you'll get help here :-)

> What do you mean by "placeholders" ? Is it making the spheres and shaping
> them to mountains later on??
Nope placeholders are object meant to be replaced later by more accurate
objects.
In this case, the rocks can be very roughly faked by unevenly scaled
spheres, then by a height_field.
Now the difficulty of making an image looking like the photo depends on how
accurate and realistic you want it to be.

Marc