POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Need help with POV-Ray !! : Re: Need help with POV-Ray !! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:33:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need help with POV-Ray !!
From: William Tracy
Date: 15 Aug 2007 12:01:16
Message: <46c3234c$1@news.povray.org>
k1s3k1 wrote:
> Thanks for helping me, but I dont understand a few stuff :(
>
> What do you mean by "placeholders" ? Is it making the spheres and shaping
> them to mountains later on??
>
> And what are height_field object ?

My advice is to read the Povray intro here:
http://povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/13/
and here:
http://povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/58/

(The height field is explained in "Advanced Features", 1.3.3.2.)

--
William Tracy
afi### [at] gmailcom wtr### [at] calpolyedu

You know you've been raytracing too long when you see something in the
real world and you think, "Hey! How did they get that effect?"