POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : A*C + (1-A)*B : Re: A*C + (1-A)*B Server Time
28 Jun 2024 23:54:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A*C + (1-A)*B
From: St
Date: 11 Aug 2007 00:26:22
Message: <46bd3a6e$1@news.povray.org>
"John VanSickle" <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message

> In "Showbots" (July 2000),

  Hey, I remember "Showbots" from when I got my first PC (end of '99) - I
think it's what led me on to POV-Ray.  :) I know this because I was really
impressed with John Wise' "That's Impossible" animation. Animations took
forever to download back then... ;)

 "A Bold Adventure" (Jan 2005), and "Top Ten
> List" (Jan 2007), I used the same technique to do the digital censoring of
> the caseless robots.

   Ah, I was wondering about that!

 Shot B was rendered at 320x240, shot C was
> rendered at 40x30,

   40x30 ?? Why that size? Speed?

and Shot A consisted of the censored models, rendered
> fully white against a black background, rendered at 40x30.
>
> The only thing to remember is that the objects which are present in both
> the B and C shots MUST be positioned identically, relative to the camera,
> and if the masking is based on the objects in the scene, then the mask
> object must properly fit the objects in the scene, usually by having the
> mask objects positioned, relative to the camera, in the same way.

   Phew! I was going to mention in my first reply that 'masks' were possibly
used, but thought against it because it looked 'too neat'. Good job with
what you've done there John.

> Once you get that going right, the technique is really quite easy.

    I counted 36 animations on your website. I think I'll leave the
animations to you... Let's see double that number.   ;)

      ~Steve~