POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : help about matrices in Povray : Re: help about matrices in Povray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:21:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: help about matrices in Povray
From: Chris B
Date: 5 Aug 2007 17:03:40
Message: <46b63b2c$1@news.povray.org>
"Charles C" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.46b61f02ce12c1a4c667cf480@news.povray.org...
> "Katherina" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>> Since it is not possible to put commas and also brcakets with to huge
>> data
>> (if there is a way to do this not by hand please let me know) what can I
>> do?
>
> What are you using to edit text and how consistant is the formmating of
> your
> data, and just how huge?  There's a good chance your text editor could
> help
> automate the addition of commas.  For example, if there's one space
> between
> each number, then you could do a simple text replacement of all instances
> of
> a " " with a ", ".  Text (brackets/commas) at the beginning and end of the
> line could be added with an editor-macro.
> Charles

Many text editors also allow you to edit in a columnar way, so you don't
necessarily need a macro.
For example, the editor in the Windows version of POV-Ray allows you to
Ctrl-Click to select a column of text.
If you click at the start of the first line, then scroll down to the bottom
and Shift-Ctrl-Click at the start of the last line, you get a cursor that
runs down in front of the first column and you can type a '{' symbol in
front of each line. You can do the same on the far left of the file.

Regards,
Chris B.