POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : help about matrices in Povray : Re: help about matrices in Povray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: help about matrices in Povray
From: Warp
Date: 5 Aug 2007 13:45:56
Message: <46b60cd4@news.povray.org>
Katherina <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I have the matrices whose rows constitute normal vectors, and coefficients
> of quadratics, isn't there anything in Povray so that when I define my
> matrices, I can access elements say matrix is M, then M(i,j) is (i,j) th
> element.

  If all you want to do is to be able to "easily" handle a set of values
as if they were a matrix, you could create a 2-dimensional array from them:

http://povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/233/

  Note, however, that POV-Ray offers no native matrix operations (such
as addition, multiplication, etc) doable to such "matrix" arrays, so if
you need those operations you'll have to implement them yourself. This
should be more or less trivial to do using #macros.

--
                                                          - Warp