POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Server downtime : Re: Server downtime Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:31:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Server downtime
From: Chris Cason
Date: 4 Aug 2007 09:03:08
Message: <46b4790c@news.povray.org>
I am re-posting this message several times in order to bump the message
number for this group to at least what it would have been before the data loss.

Note: some news reader programs cache the highest item number seen for each
newsgroup and upon the next visit only ask for messages higher than that
number (this only affects those using NNTP to access the group, of course,
rather than the web interface). Hence, unless we bump the internal message
number to at least the old value, people using those readers won't see some
of the first messages posted after the restore, including this one. Hence my
re-posting.