POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : fog-in-a-box? : Re: fog-in-a-box? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fog-in-a-box?
From: Alain
Date: 1 Aug 2007 17:14:36
Message: <46b0f7bc$1@news.povray.org>
Folkert van Heusden nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/08/01 11:34:
>>> Would it be possible to somehow create fog-in-a-box?
>> http://povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/416/
>
> That's light fall-off, that's different from fog as fog is more or less
> random.

In my experience with RL fog, when there is little to no wind, fog is prety
uniform. Otherwize, it tend to comform to the turbulence in the air flow.

Just fill a box with scattering media, add "hollow" to allow the box to contain
that media. If you want non-uniform fog, add a density statement with some
pattern, like bumps or granite, optionaly with some turbulence.

--
Alain
I bet exercise equipment would be a lot more