POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Trouble parsing recursive macro : Re: Trouble parsing recursive macro Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:31:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trouble parsing recursive macro
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 28 Jul 2007 18:21:30
Message: <46abc16a$1@news.povray.org>
> The recursive approach itself is not the problem, just that
> the object you are trying to build has a lot of components.

Well, actually it could be possible to render the million boxes
you'd get at recursion depth 2, so you could try to get over the
parse problem using an iterative approach. Still I'd recommend
to reduce the number of objects. You might even try to fake the
last recursion level by using some sort of checker-like texture
with transparency.