POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Getting started : Re: Getting started Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting started
From: Alain
Date: 26 Jul 2007 17:08:27
Message: <46a90d4b$1@news.povray.org>
Chris B nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/07/26 12:09:
> "marciano" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
>> Thanks to all of you.
>> I don't understand where my post is located.
>> The route above indicates :  POV-Ray :  POV-Ray : Newsgroups :
>> povray.newusers : Getting started
>

> Yes. That's where it appears. 'povray.newusers' is the newsgroup. 'Getting
> started' is a message posted by Lhainel and the messages under that are
> like you posted a response to Lhainel's post, whereas you'd have been better
> off posting a new message.

Thunderbird show this thread as a new thread, distinct from any other older
thread. Maybe OutlookExpress only rely on the name to link posts to a given thread.

>> Should I repost?
>
> By starting a new thread you're likely to get more readers and therefore a
> better range and quality of response.
>
> As you can tell I don't know the Mac version, but I'd recommend first maybe
> having a go at re-installing it, taking care to check that there are no
> nasty error messages from the installation. Then, if the Mac version has a
> 'Render' menu option 'Run demo', try that and see what happens. Otherwise
> load a POV file and try 'Render', 'Start rendering' or maybe there's a 'Run'
> icon.

Installing on a Mac is prety simple: You drag the application to the application
folder. To uninstall, you drag the application off of the application folder.

> You may also wish to take a look at the mac newsgroup at
> http://news.povray.org/./povray.macintosh/
> I see there are some discussions there about installation problems, greyed
> out file options, setting the path to the include directory etc.

This should be the best place to look.

--
Alain
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government