POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Getting started : Re: Getting started Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:17:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting started
From: Chris B
Date: 26 Jul 2007 12:09:18
Message: <46a8c72e@news.povray.org>
"marciano" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.46a8a67fe79adcf3152945570@news.povray.org...
> Thanks to all of you.
> I don't understand where my post is located.
> The route above indicates :  POV-Ray :  POV-Ray : Newsgroups :
> povray.newusers : Getting started

Yes. That's where it appears. 'povray.newusers' is the newsgroup. 'Getting
started' is a message posted by Lhainel and the messages under that are
like you posted a response to Lhainel's post, whereas you'd have been better
off posting a new message.

> Should I repost?

By starting a new thread you're likely to get more readers and therefore a
better range and quality of response.

As you can tell I don't know the Mac version, but I'd recommend first maybe
having a go at re-installing it, taking care to check that there are no
nasty error messages from the installation. Then, if the Mac version has a
'Render' menu option 'Run demo', try that and see what happens. Otherwise
load a POV file and try 'Render', 'Start rendering' or maybe there's a 'Run'
icon.

You may also wish to take a look at the mac newsgroup at
http://news.povray.org/./povray.macintosh/
I see there are some discussions there about installation problems, greyed
out file options, setting the path to the include directory etc.

> I installed the last available version and installed on a Mac G4/400  1Gb

So that would be 3.6.??

> Ram OS 10.4.9
> Thank you again

If that still doesn't work you might try posting a new message here or on
povray.macintosh. You could still call it 'Getting started' or maybe
'Getting started on Mac', and I'd recommend saying that you're on a Mac
G4/400 on OS 10.4.9 running POV-Ray 3.6.?? and describing what happens when
you try to 'Run demo' or 'Start rendering' (or that you can't because
they're still greyed out).

Regards,
Chris B.