POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Can we modify resolution of images rendered ? : Re: Can we modify resolution of images rendered ? Server Time
17 May 2024 03:41:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can we modify resolution of images rendered ?
From: Alain
Date: 19 Jul 2007 06:00:06
Message: <469f3626@news.povray.org>
Darren New nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/07/18 21:32:
> Alain wrote:
>> The "ppp/ppi" information is any image file is just a number, and a
>> meaningless one at that.
>
> Some layout software uses it to pick the default size for an image when
> you place it on a page. That's about it. I just use PaintShop to
> globally change the "resolution" of a bunch of images I took with my
> camera, or I'd wind up having to manually shrink them all from 10 feet
> wide down to fit on the page.

That's a bug in the layout software, or at least, a conception miss-asumption.
Today, the asumption you SHOULD make is that any PPI/DPI you find is
meaningless, and to be ignored.

--
Alain
Where the press is free and every man able to read, all is safe.