POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Can we modify resolution of images rendered ? : Re: Can we modify resolution of images rendered ? Server Time
19 May 2024 14:03:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can we modify resolution of images rendered ?
From: Warp
Date: 18 Jul 2007 15:02:27
Message: <469e63c2@news.povray.org>
breizh_france <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I want to render an image 720x576 pixels with an horizontal and vertical
> resolution of 300 ppp. The format of the image may be bmp or better png.
> By "default", the resolution I obtain is 96 ppp.

  What's "ppp"?

  What is it that you want anyways? Do you want a 720x576 pixels image,
or do you want a "300 ppp" (whatever that means) image? You are wanting
to different resolutions at the same time? That's obviously impossible.
That's like saying "I want a 640x480-pixel image which is 2000 pixels
wide". That's an oxymoron.

> If i decide to render an image of 2106x1728, with 96 ppp resolution
> and then use ImageMagick or something else to reduce the size of the image
> to 720x576, but with 300ppp
> Am I totally crazy ? or is it the only way to obtain what i want ?

  What is "ppp"?

  The resolution of the image is either 2106x1728 or 720x576. There's nothing
else in those two cases.

--
                                                          - Warp