POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How many objects? : Re: How many objects? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How many objects?
From: Larry Hudson
Date: 17 Jul 2007 03:49:49
Message: <469c749d$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Attwood wrote:
>>     2 Gb. Can extend to 4 Gb - should I do that?

> POV uses floating point math, the CPU, so the processor
> speed is the other factor. This means that you don't
> really need any graphic card for POV. Maximize your
> CPU frequency.

To expand a bit on the info about the graphics card -- remember that
POV-Ray creates its images pixel-by-pixel.  There is no way it can take
advantage of an accelerated graphics card.  The quality of the graphics
card _might_ make a difference in displaying the final rendered image,
but it will hav NO affect on the _speed_ of the rendering.

      -=- Larry -=-