POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How many objects? : Re: How many objects? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:28:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How many objects?
From: Warp
Date: 16 Jul 2007 15:10:14
Message: <469bc296@news.povray.org>
Transient <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> > Transient <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > > How many objects I can place in a scene?
> >
> >   How much memory do you have?

>       2 Gb. Can extend to 4 Gb - should I do that?

  It was a rhetorical question.

> >   Depends on your rendering settings, lighting, texturing, resolution, etc.
> > Anything from a few seconds to hours.

>      I need the quality that is called "stunning" - is it still within
> "hours"?

  It depends on your rendering settings, lighting, texturing, resolution, etc.

  An image which takes 1 minute to render can look absolutely stunning, and
an image which takes 10 hours to render can look like crap. There's no rule
of thumb. It just depends on your creative skills and usage of the program.

--
                                                          - Warp