POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Povray and Blender : Re: Povray and Blender Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:22:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray and Blender
From: Alain
Date: 15 Jul 2007 11:15:13
Message: <469a3a01@news.povray.org>
PdG nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/07/15 07:45:
> I'm going mad!
> I want to use blender to model some mesh, and then render it using pov.
> Now i've tried to export it using wavefront, using povanim, using a lot of
> tools but every time i get awful results, especially with the normals.
>
> For example: consider a cylinder. I've made it in blender, i've smoothed,
> and render it. It goes well.
> Now, every exports i made, the results is like this:
>
> http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/6343/mainfg4.jpg
>
> Something is a little better, something not, anyway there's always an ugly
> black area away from the light source.
>
> Any Idea? How can i use shaded mesh from blender to pov?
>
> Thanks.
Maybe some normals are pointing "inside" the object instead of outward.
Any luck if you don't use shaded mesh?
Did you try PoseRay?

Anyway, unless your mesh is very fine, there will be some artefacts near the
terminator, where the incident light comes at a grazing angle.
You can minimize that by carefully placing the light or by using some small
rotation of the mesh.

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when you've tried rendering hair with