POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Update of Insert Menu Add-on : Re: Update of Insert Menu Add-on Server Time
17 May 2024 06:45:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Update of Insert Menu Add-on
From: Friedrich Lohmueller
Date: 16 Jul 2007 15:36:54
Message: <469BC9AE.1090209@t-online.de>
Paolo Gibellini wrote:
> Yust a question...
> The include files works fine, but over a certain number of includes I cannot
> see the preview while browsing the insert menu voices (POV-Ray
> 3.6.1a.icl8.win32 built in editor). E.g. I see the preview for the first
> 2000 insert menu voices and not for the 2001th and following.
> There is a way to see all menu icons or there is an internal limit in
> Windows editor?
> Thank you in advance,
>     Paolo

Hello Paolo,

I've registered this problem also with all other Windows versions
of POV-Ray up to POV-Ray 3.7beta21a.
I don't remember if the critical number was exactly 2000 but
it may be right in this region.

Unfortunately I don't have a final solution for this problem.
My personal collection of Insert Menu contains over 10000 items.
For a really comfortable use of the Insert Menu there should be
no limits for additional items (except the space on the hard disk !-).

I currently split my Insert Menu in different folders and change
between "Insert Menu", "Insert Menu2", "Insert Menu3" etc. by renaming
the folder I currently need in the POV-Ray Windows editor
via "Insert" - "Edit this menu" - "folders" to folder name "Insert Menu"
which can be browsed with POV-Ray Windows editor.

Another way to live with this problem is to rename the more important
item groups with "Edit this menu" and give these groups higher
prefix numbers.

Friedrich

Email:  Fri### [at] t-onlinede