POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Projecting an image outward from the camera : Re: Projecting an image outward from the camera Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:15:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Projecting an image outward from the camera
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 6 Jul 2007 14:03:14
Message: <468e83e2@news.povray.org>
Tim Attwood wrote:
>> Idea 2. Inverted-spherical camera with look_at in center of object
> I had some moderate success generating a dirt map with this camera
> in MegaPov, but it generates poor results if parts of the object are
> obscured to the sphere, I guess that's similar to problem with idea 3.

Wow, something else I did not know. User-defined camera types! With
this, I might be able to make a camera similar to a fisheye lens, but
one which works in conjunction with my idea of projecting the image from
the camera!

Thanks Tim, for trying this idea. I'm thinking the best way is to make a
map to fill the camera's view of the image. Reflective surfaces might
show badly-textured back sides, but I think I can live with that. I'll
keep your inverted spherical projection as reference. Thanks again!

~Sam