POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Confirmation email : Re: Confirmation email Server Time
27 Apr 2024 10:48:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Confirmation email
From: St
Date: 4 Jul 2007 17:10:15
Message: <468c0cb7@news.povray.org>
"Markus Altendorff" <maa### [at] panoramasde> wrote in message
> St. schrieb:
>> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:468b3f98@news.povray.org...
>>
>>> Anyway, it's working now. :o)
>>
>>    Hmm, apparently, it was *my* ISP, Tiscali, blocking the emails
>> somewhere along the line.
>
> If it should've been sent automatically from the web server, this
> behaviour actually sounds reasonable - web servers sending mail by
> themselves usually sets off quite some alarms at hosting companies :) so
> they're often on internal block lists.
>
> It usually works if the web server doesn't simply run the local mail
> function, but logs into a regular mail server (then again, in that case,
> the login name/pw need to be on the web server, i.e. they're potentially
> exposed to the world).
>
> Rock and a hard place, i guess :)

    Yes, I think so. :) Thanks for that, very informative and useful, and
now that you mention it, I remember from some years ago a thread in a
Tiscali forum where someone was complaining of this very situation, where
Tiscali were blocking some domain somewhere, and the guy couldn't do what he
wanted to do with his website!

    I think our good friend Colin (the keyboard guru!), has done some
redirecting, so it's all good to go now.   :o)

     ~Steve~