POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : New Feature Suggestion: Starfields : Re: New Feature Suggestion: Starfields Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Feature Suggestion: Starfields
From: Warp
Date: 2 Jul 2007 05:39:31
Message: <4688c7d3@news.povray.org>
JeffBTX <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> It seems to me that it would be easier to have a *built in* feature in
> POVRay that would simply turn on pixels?!?

  Wouldn't work well with animations. Also, just coloring one pixel eg. white
would often not look good on an otherwise nicely-antialiased scene. A very
bright small spot of light usually "bleeds" its brigthness to the
neighbouring pixels, causing a small amount of blurring (the brighter
the object, the more it "bleeds").

--
                                                          - Warp