POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : HDRI question how to... : Re: HDRI question how to... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDRI question how to...
From: Alain
Date: 1 Jul 2007 20:59:18
Message: <46884de6@news.povray.org>
clarkking nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/07/01 19:14:
> I would like to use hdri to illuminate an object and create realism through
> using hdri lighting for my reflections, however I do not want any
> background, not transparent but I dont want the hdri image to appear in the
> background like i see in many images using hdri lighting.  I just want
> portray the object but raise the realism of the texture using hdri.  I have
> installed mega pov and using that now.  Can i do this with light dome macro
> or a sky sphere?  I have an example image but dont think i can post in this
> message.

As a light is not visible by itself, if you use the light dome technique, it
won't show in the background.
A sky_sphere is visible whenever any ray don't encounter any opaque object, it's
a background feature.
You may try a large sphere with the no_image atribute: that way, it's not
directly visible, but will show in reflections and refractions.

--
Alain
Secular Humanism: Shit evolves.