POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : 'twas a dark and stormy night... (WIP) : Re: 'twas a dark and stormy night... (WIP) Server Time
28 Jun 2024 23:49:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 'twas a dark and stormy night... (WIP)
From: Alain
Date: 21 Jun 2007 19:48:12
Message: <467b0e3c$1@news.povray.org>
Simon nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/06/21 12:50:
> Thanks very much for that - I'll see what I canf ind. Unfortunately my Mic
> is supposed to be noise cancelling and actualyl does it pretty well (I
> believe it ahs 2 mic's and inverts the output from one before mixnig them -
> thus embient should be cancelled out but directional should not)
>
> The upshot fo all that is: VERY VERY QUIET rain... For the record, I also
> decide that since a thunder roll was a few seconds long and the video is
> abuot 12 secs, it might eb a bit too much. Ofc, sound would help the
> realism...
>
> That said, I've already found some useful stuff on that link - thank you.

When you try to record ambient sounds with a soise canselling mic, you can try
wraping your hands around it, leaving only the front showing. That way, your
hands will muffle the sound coming from the sides and the rear. If it work OK,
you can make a foam envelope or a casing with a directional opening.

--
Alain
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to