POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray units of measurement : Re: POV-Ray units of measurement Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:23:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray units of measurement
From: Alain
Date: 21 Jun 2007 19:39:11
Message: <467b0c1f@news.povray.org>
Samuel Benge nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/06/21 15:18:
> Warp wrote:
>>   No, one unit corresponds to one unit, nothing else.
>>

> That's true, but...
>
> The camera has an angle. Is this a real-world setting? If so, what does
> one unit resemble most, considering a given camera angle? One inch, one
> centimeter, a foot, etc?
It depends at what distance you are from the camera. If the camera angle is 1
radiant, then at 1 unit distance, you cover 1 unit whide, 10 unit away, you see
10 units...

> I usually don't worry about this, but it appears that some people do.
> There must be some answer which at least comes close.
>
> ~Sam
An angle in completely independant from the unit used. 1 degree is always 1
dergee whatever mesurement system you use. 1 degree in imperial, american or
metric is exactly the same.

--
Alain
At twenty years of age the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the