POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media help : Re: Media help Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:24:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media help
From: Alain
Date: 21 Jun 2007 19:20:14
Message: <467b07ae$1@news.povray.org>
SharkD nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/06/21 15:19:
> Christian Froeschlin <chr### [at] chrfrde> wrote:
>> SharkD wrote:
>>
>>> Removing the warp makes it partially visible, but it's not dense enough in
>>> the center of the shape.
>> Well, how about increasing emission strength and adjusting the density
>> map instead of applying a warp? BTW, does it make sense to use "Yellow"
>> in a density map? Maybe you want to use a color_map instead.
>
> Thanks! Adjusting the emission strength did the trick. There's a formula in
> the docs on how to do it properly.

There is no set formula that can work in every cases. As a rule, if you double
the thickness of your media, you should halve it's density, or emission, to keep
the same aspect/brightness.

--
Alain
Wouldn't it be nice if whenever we messed up our life we could simply press