POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray units of measurement : Re: POV-Ray units of measurement Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray units of measurement
From: Rarius
Date: 21 Jun 2007 11:02:30
Message: <467a9306$1@news.povray.org>
POVRay's units are just that... units. They bear no relationship to real
world units what so ever. I regularly change what they mean between
different scenes... If I am rendering a molecule, I might define that 1 unit
is a nanometer. If I am rendering a spaceship I'll probably use 1 unit= 1
meter... As an astronomer I often use 1 unit=1000Km...

Pick a scale that is appropriate for your scene... I'd suggest for scenes of
the normal human scale, 1 unit = 1 metre is a good baseline.

Rarius