POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray units of measurement : Re: POV-Ray units of measurement Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:27:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray units of measurement
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 21 Jun 2007 07:54:32
Message: <467a66f8$1@news.povray.org>
SharkD wrote:

> What real-world measurements do POV-Ray units represent. Do to the way
> interior media work, surely there must be a base-value of some sort.

Not really, because you can adjust the parameters for media and
other things arbitrarily, so there are no "physical constants" which
would allow you to derive the real-world scale even from the known
wavelength of the light. There might be some implicit assumptions
in some *default* parameters for this stuff, but I reckon they are
mostly "something which looks more or less reasonable".