POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Leaving a Trail : Re: Leaving a Trail Server Time
17 May 2024 06:46:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Leaving a Trail
From: Rune
Date: 20 Jun 2007 06:21:58
Message: <4678ffc6@news.povray.org>
OpalPlanet wrote:
> Rune, I was poking around your website and I found the particle
> system. Could I just make each of the planets an "emitter" and leave
> a trail that way?

Yes, that would be possible, depending on what effect you want. But then you
need to know the emitters' positions at any given point in time - not just
the current clock value. The particle system need to know the positions at
other lock values than the current one to work correctly. This may be
cumbersome if you get your positions from a list of points. On the other
hand, you could load all the points into a spline function and use that one
for the emitter positions.

Rune
--
http://runevision.com