POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Golf Ball Help : Re: Golf Ball Help Server Time
17 May 2024 04:02:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Golf Ball Help
From: Simon
Date: 19 Jun 2007 16:14:15
Message: <46783917@news.povray.org>
My solution was emrely for evenly spaced and visually "average" dimples. I
have to say that it never occured to me the technique might be copytight. in
my defense, I was doing spikes on a mace :)

As to the aerodynamics - I only know that the dimples cause pockets of air
reducing the friction/air resistance by creating an envelope around the
ball. Beyond that, I'm afraid yuou're on your own - if it's any consolation,
I doubt many people will know if it's wrong.