POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Golf Ball Help : Re: Golf Ball Help Server Time
17 May 2024 08:15:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Golf Ball Help
From: Simon
Date: 19 Jun 2007 09:49:19
Message: <4677dedf@news.povray.org>
I tried to do a mace with evenly spaced spikes. I found I could either do a
geodesic dome as mentioned above OR itterate repeatedly simulating the
"dimples" as electrons stuck to the surface of a sphere repulsing each
other - after a couple of hundred itterations, the opints are pretty evenly
spaced.

For the record, I cheated - I found a list of polar co-ordinates on the net
and just dumped them into an array - lots of dimples, yet (relatively) low
parse time.

Hope this helped

~Simon