POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Extruding a function... : Extruding a function... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:29:23 EDT (-0400)
  Extruding a function...
From: Simon
Date: 19 Jun 2007 06:57:02
Message: <4677b67e@news.povray.org>
I believe this is possible to do with isosurfaces - I'm just not very good
at them :s

I need something like a sine wave extruded in the +z direction

If I have:
f(x) = sin(2*pi*x)

how do I get that into something like corrugated roof? I've read the
excellent tutorial on isosurfaces <http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/>
and can copy/paste as well as the next man but  am obviously missing
something as I don't seem to be able to do what I need

As always, any input is greatly appreciated!