POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : DEM heightfield questions : Re: DEM heightfield questions Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:21:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DEM heightfield questions
From: Leroy
Date: 18 Jun 2007 23:30:22
Message: <46774CEF.3080001@joplin.com>
If the others didn't help I've got DEM2POV v1.2a.
I'll be willing to send it to ya.
I don't remember where I got it and I had to fix the cutting function.
It's a window DOS program.

DEM2POV v1.2a:
Converts USGS Digital Elevation Model data files to tga height-field for
POV raytracer. converted W. D. Kirby, 30 mar 96. hacked from dem2xyz.c
18 apr 95. converts 3 arc second to lat/long, sol katz, mar. 94. added
sampling and cutting to size, sol katz, apr 94. changed the calculation
of start position in sampling code, sol katz, jan 95.