POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : North? : Re: North? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:24:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: North?
From: Alain
Date: 18 Jun 2007 17:30:59
Message: <4676f993$1@news.povray.org>
JLH nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/06/18 09:08:
  Thorsten

> "sunpos" requires an input of h:m:s, lat long, to provide the correct
> direction of the sun's light. This requires an implicit assumption of the
> direction of the N-S meridian. I was wanting to find out if this was the
> z-axis. Since then I have found in the help files that the N-S line is
> indeed the z axis. Now I just wonder at the answer to the second
> question-can one do global rotations of whole scenes? I suspect the answer
> is no. JLH

You can do a global rotation of a whole scene. Here is how you do it:
Option 1: Wrap your whole scene, optionaly exepting the camera, in a global
union. Rotate that union. If you want, you can leave out some or all of your
light(s).
Option 2: Rotate the camera

--
Alain
   My wife is such a bad cook, in my house we pray after the meal.