POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Leaving a Trail : Re: Leaving a Trail Server Time
17 May 2024 08:16:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Leaving a Trail
From: Rune
Date: 18 Jun 2007 16:34:40
Message: <4676ec60$1@news.povray.org>
OpalPlanet wrote:
> I am currently working on a model of the solar system. Is there a way
> to make the planets leave a trail as they move and/or define an
> elipse in the shape of the orbits? I'm using astronomically correct
> formulae to calculate the planetary positons, so just cylinders or
> tori won't work.

If you place a sufficiently large number of tiny spheres along your path, it
will look like a solid tube or string that follows your path. You can place
then using a #while loop.

Alternatively you can look into sphere_sweeps with a sifficiently large
number of control points along your path, again placed with a #while loop.

Rune
--
http://runevision.com