POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rune particle system questions : Re: Rune particle system questions Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:25:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rune particle system questions
From: Rune
Date: 9 Jun 2007 07:03:56
Message: <466a891c@news.povray.org>
SharkD wrote:
> A couple of questions:
>
> 1) Is there a way to scale the whole effect? I need it to be larger.

You can scale up the individual particles. I'm pretty sure all the example
particle_element macros that comes with the system have a size setting, for
example smoke_startsize and smoke_endsize for the smoke.inc particle_element
macro.

You can also "scale up" the simulation by making all velocities that are
used bigger, possibly including gravity, depending on what you want.

#macro particle_emitvect (Clock) your_vector*your_scaling_factor #end

#macro particle_gravity (Clock,Point)
your_gravity_vector*your_scaling_factor #end

> 2) Is there a way to make it cast shadows?

Which particle_element macro are you talking about?

Rune
--
http://runevision.com