POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Newbie - Want to create a square flood light : Re: Newbie - Want to create a square flood light Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:19:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Newbie - Want to create a square flood light
From: TheMightyZog
Date: 7 Jun 2007 12:55:05
Message: <46683869@news.povray.org>
That is awesome Trevor, thank you very much.

I have been playing with it and seeing how you put it all together for the
last hour and have learnt a lot from following what you did.

As a complete beginner, having examples to work through is a real help.

It would have taken me years to define the RecAreaLight

Once again thanks
Chris
"Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> > An area light with projected_through should work.  You just need to make
> > sure the area light is far enough away from the projected_through
rectangle
> > to get the amount of softness you want.
>
> I've thown together a quick macro and scene to demonstrate this below.
The