POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Getting started : Re: Getting started Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:28:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting started
From: Alain
Date: 6 Jun 2007 17:11:20
Message: <466722f8$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/06/06 07:57:
> "Lhainel" <mac### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>> Hi everyone. I would like advice for a "sub-newbie". Here's what I mean:
>>
>> I used to play around with POV a lot a long time ago when it was published
>> in one of the computer graphics magazines and I got it through buying the
>> book "IMLAB". That was way way back when POV was only about version 1.0
>>
>> Ever since, I had diminishing time to do my personal POV projects as POV
>> advanced and the only thing I did was kept trying to read the POV manual on
>> how to use the new features when they were added. Even then, I never
>> achieved it due to lack of time.
>>
>> So up till now, my knowledge is still v1.0 standard. My reason of writing
>> this message is to ask the more advanced users if they knew what would be
>> the best and quickest way for me to catch up with the latest version's
>> features without too much effort.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>> Lhainel
>

> I agree with Charles get a project and develop your Pov skills with each

> lips :-)

> Stephen

RSOACP: Reflective Sphere On A Checkered Plane.
Very simple, and a very good oportunity for creativity... It's hard to belive
how many variations were done while only scratching the surface of the theme.
To be posted on "povray.binaries.images"

--
Alain
   I'm so ugly I stuck my head out the window and got arrested for Mooning.