POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Triangles faster than objects : Re: Triangles faster than objects Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:46:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Triangles faster than objects
From: Penelope20k
Date: 6 Jun 2007 08:45:22
Message: <4666ac62$1@news.povray.org>
Did your triangle can be mixed together ... means that when you union them,
POV will care only about visible faces (cause it have precompute them before
in the parse section) ..

when you dont union them ..the render has to think if or not the object is
visible by creating a ray,
so that means that it need to identify which objet is shown, and which part
of object is shown .
when you union it..the render send ray which intersect an object (and only
one cause you union meshes) , then it only need to compute what part of this
object must be shaown