POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Text to paths : Re: Text to paths Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:26:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Text to paths
From: Chris B
Date: 5 Jun 2007 03:10:27
Message: <46650c63$1@news.povray.org>
"Shark" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.4664b72450d4c3d6ae81e560@news.povray.org...
> Is there a way to make text follow a path? Are there any include files
> available that will allow me to do this?

Hi Tim,

Yes. The transforms.inc file contains the Spline_Trans function.

You can define a path through space by declaring a spline (see 'spline' in
the help).
You can reposition an object such as a piece of text on a spline using
Spline_Trans from the standard include file 'transforms.inc'.
This also allows you to reorient the object to the direction of the spline
at that point.

If you have a piece of text assigned to a string variable you can loop
through using a #while loop to pick out one letter at a time using the
strlen function to control the loop and the substr function to pick out
successive letters. Then generate a text object for that character and
reposition and reorient using Spline_Trans..

Hope that helps,

Regards,
Chris B