POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Non-infinite Planes... : Re: Non-infinite Planes... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:23:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Non-infinite Planes...
From: Tek
Date: 4 Jun 2007 20:27:01
Message: <4664add5@news.povray.org>
Personally I use a disc, polygon, or this:

plane {
    y, 0
    clipped_by { box { <-1,-1,-1>, <1,1,1> } }
}

clipped_by works sort of like intersection but it makes the sides of the box
invisible.

BTW all of these shapes can cause problems if you want your shape to be
translucent, infinitely thin surfaces can mess up certain effects. This can
be fixed if it happens, but hopefully you won't run into that problem.

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com