POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : A new idea or old hat... : A new idea or old hat... Server Time
28 Jun 2024 23:37:32 EDT (-0400)
  A new idea or old hat...
From: Simon
Date: 30 May 2007 10:27:46
Message: <465d89e2@news.povray.org>
Not sure if this is a shiny new idea or if everyone knows it and doesn't
even bother mentioning it...

I was wondering about changing an image_map over time and the idea came to
me to use the output from one rendering as the image_map for another (I
think you can probably get some good animation effects by using the last
rendered frame every time...)

Anyway, as a simple showcase, I took the Apollo 13 video clip that ships
with vista and made it into a flat-screen tv (ok, a very shallow cube with
roudned edges... :D - Use your imagination)

The clip can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzTjLQrfWB8 (I've had to use youtbue as high
compression makes the video unwatchable and low compression is far too big
to share here - so I'll let youtube worry about the encoding :D)

I'd appreciate any thoughts or ideas.

Regards,
Simon

P.S. I know the sound is slightly out of sync - about 5 secs over the course
of the clip - This is due to me using the wrong frame rate while rendering
the scene - it should have matched my original video clip. - I couldn't be
bothered to wait for another 3544 frames to render :D