POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : "Sky Sphere" : Re: "Sky Sphere" Server Time
24 Jun 2024 08:33:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Sky Sphere"
From: Simon
Date: 29 May 2007 03:31:42
Message: <465bd6de$1@news.povray.org>
"William Tracy" <wtr### [at] calpolyedu> wrote in message
> What OS? Under Linux at least, I could think of some fairly easy ways of
> automating that.

For my sins, I'm running XP as a LOT of the work I do requires windows (My
company develops software for windows as well as ASP pages served from IIS).
Also, the radmin software they have to punch a hole through the company
firewall is windows only. I have a second box running smoothwall as a
firewall (really low specs) and I've just installed Fedora on my old windows
box (somewhere in the middle Spec-wise - an AMD athlon X64) but XP is def.
the workhorse at the moment

> Also, there was an SMP patch for 3.5--it might be worth temporarily
> downgrading for that. :-)

i'll have to look into that!

> Hmm... you're making me jealous. :-P

It is shiny :D

> Those programs try to do waaay more than what you need for harnessing a
> dual-core box.

I fully agree. Not to mention the fact that it was using flat-files for a DB
and using windows shared folders rather than TCP/IP or similar.

-S