POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Basic Newsgroup question from a Newbie : Re: Basic Newsgroup question from a Newbie Server Time
30 Apr 2024 20:40:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Basic Newsgroup question from a Newbie
From: Simon
Date: 28 May 2007 08:58:47
Message: <465ad207$1@news.povray.org>
Good advice from Chris there. One other thing worth noting is that you can
specify whether or not to download the whole message or just the "headers" -
headers just contain the title, who it was by and the date. I use this
setting on newsgroups that have large files attached to them (for example
povray.binaries.animations) - it will only download the whole message if you
click on it which will save you a lot of time by not downloading things
you're not interested in.

Hope this helps a little and a big welcome from another POV newbie :)

Regards,
Simon